Saturday, July 31, 2010

Communicating in the Dream World

It is Saturday, and we leave for our Vermont trip tomorrow. We are visiting Dave's family - my in-laws. There is a lovely celebration planned for Uncle Joe, and his life (he was a servant of God, a Catholic priest). Dave's parents are also marking their 50th wedding anniversary. They are a very sweet couple, and have always been so supportive of Dave, and of me as well.

I am so excited…but I wish I had more time to finish my studies now that I’m on a roll, I don’t want to stop. I have been writing around the clock. The moment I wake up, all day, evening, and late evening. The journey is a lot of fun right now, because I'm in the thick of things, and I have reduced the turn-around time between the time I feel stuck and the time my fingers hit the keys. All I have to do is take a time out, take deep breaths, meditate and clear my head, my heart, release the tension in my body, and then ask ‘aumakua for help. It works every time. I am learning faith. I am actually starting to believe I can do this thing with my higher spirit guiding me, by reading courage to change book, by going to Al-Anon meetings, and by being authentic and real. Now I usually start every writing session with prayer. The most amazing thing I that the words start flowing. If I get stuck I go back for help, and then I read or watch something inspiring and my tank is full again.

Dave wants to learn Hawaiian, so I am going to teach him one phrase a day. Yesterday was "Pehea ‘oe"? Which means "How are you?" Today is “Maika’i no au, Mahalo.” or "I am well, thanks." By the time we go back, we’ll have a few phrases down and be able to share language with our nieces and nephews, brothers and sisters.

I had a dream last night. In my dream, Dave and I were conversing in Hawaiian. Then we agreed to try an experiment. We went into the dream world and began speaking to one another there, getting comfortable speaking the language there, telepathically… and then the possibility opened up to speak to our ‘aumakua and to the spirits there! It was really cool!!! Then I woke up. It was such a cool dream. I can see it really happening. It is definitely a possibility. The Hawaiians did it since the beginning of time, and those who are in deep connection with their a'aumakua - well this is a naturally occurring phenomenon. And little children whose hearts are pure and who have not lose the connection to God and to their guardian angels - they do it naturally with out thinking.

The veil is lifting for me, and I am beginning to see clearly, beginning to claim my cultural heritage and all the beautiful, wonderful, and delightful gifts that come with it. I will be able to connect with my husband, with my Mom, with Gram, with Grandpa, and with Tutu in the spirit world, in the dream world. What a gift this dream was! I am honored to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment